This Chocolate Orange Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect twist on my Classic Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding Recipe, especially for all the chocolate lovers. This pudding is so good that it can be enjoyed as dessert, but it is so healthy that it can be eaten for snacks (or even for breakfast!) The chia seeds and soy milk make this pudding a great source of protein and fibre. This pudding is lightly sweetened, with only 1 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar. The fresh orange juice adds a great flavour of orange which compliments the chocolatey flavour perfectly.
Chocolate Orange Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup soy milk or other milk alternative
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1-2 tablespoons additional soy milk, if desired
- Add chia seeds and soy milk into a glass jar or container. Stir until combined.
- Add vanilla, sea salt, brown sugar, cocoa powder, orange juice, and orange zest. Stir until fully combined. Place covered in the fridge overnight.
- Remove chia pudding from fridge in the morning. If needed, slowly stir in the additional 1-2 tablespoons of soy milk until your reach your desired consistency.