This Chocolate Smoothie is rich, creamy, and delicious – while healthy at the same time! Packed with nutrients, this smoothie provides tons of protein, vitamins, and minerals. You’re also getting a full two servings of vegetables without even knowing it.
This has been my go-to post-workout smoothie lately. Not only does the protein in this smoothie help you refuel and repair your muscles, but the seeds add healthy fats. Healthy fats are essential for repairing muscles and joints. I also like to add some protein powder for an added boost of protein. My favourite protein is Botanica Perfect Protein.This is the only protein powder I have ever found without added sugar or sweeteners. It is also plant based, tastes great, and has a nice texture.
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped and frozen
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- ½ tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1-2 dates, depending on size and desired sweetness
- ¾ cup soy milk (or plant milk of choice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until fully smooth and incorporated.
- Serve over ice.