Warm Peach Crisp!
This Warm Peach Crisp is a perfect way to use up the last peaches of the late summer season. Simple and delicious, this Peach Crisp is also a healthier version of the traditional crisp. Butter is swapped for the healthy fats in coconut oil, and brown sugar is swapped for maple syrup, which lightly sweetens the oat topping. Not only is this delicious dessert vegan and refined sugar-free, it’s also gluten-free!
This makes a perfect warm dessert on a cool night, but I also like to enjoy it for breakfast – fruit crisps are considered a breakfast food, right?
- 8-10 peaches, thinly sliced (approx. 6 cups)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup oat flour (or finely ground oats)
- 4½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup oats
- 1¼ cup oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add sliced peaches and cornstarch to a 7x11 or 9x9 pan. Stir until peaches are fully coated. Set aside.
- Add oat flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and ¾ cup oats to a blender. (Note: If you do not have oat flour, finely ground ¾ cup oats in a blender before adding additional ingredients.)
- Pulse until fully combined.
- Add additional 1¼ cup oats and stir until fully combined.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over peaches. Sprinkle with additional ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 40 minutes, until peaches are fully cooked and the oat mixture is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.