Crispy Sesame Tofu Stir-Fry!
This quick and delicious stir-fry is packed with flavour. The vegetables are slightly softened, and the tofu is golden brown and crispy. The best part is the super quick and easy sauce made with only three ingredients.
This recipe creates a healthy dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes. The tofu adds tons of protein, as well as calcium and iron. This meal also combines fiber from the rice and is a great way to get added vegetables into your diet. Feel free to swap out the vegetables for your favourites, or what is in season or on sale. I love the combination of sweet red onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, and sweet peas.
Enjoy this meal over your favourite rice, and don’t forget to season in a healthy helping of sesame seeds for that added flavour!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- One 225g block of extra firm
tofu,patted dry and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, cubed
- ½ cup sweet peas, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add minced garlic, grated ginger, and cubed tofu. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add red onion, bell pepper, sweet peas, and mushrooms. Stir occasionally and cook over medium heat until vegetables are slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Add sauce mixture to wok. Stir until vegetables and tofu are coated.
- Serve over rice. Season with sesame seeds.