Fall Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette!
This spinach salad is layered with crisp apples, dried cranberries, slivered red onion, pecans, and pumpkin seeds, then drizzled in a refreshing Maple Dijon Vinaigrette. The perfect combination of sweet and savory is present in this salad and has been one of my favorite dinners this season. This fall inspired salad would also make a perfect side for Thanksgiving dinner or appetizer for any family gathering this season. Just simply multiply the recipe to serve the amount required.
The pecans and pumpkin seeds add protein and help keep you feeling full. This salad is also packed with many nutrients and minerals, including iron. Enjoy it on its own as the main course, or serve it as a healthy and refreshing side.
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- ⅛ cup red onion, slivered
- 1 apple, sliced (I used granny smith)
- ¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Add dijon mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and poppy seeds into a bowl or a container with a lid. Whisk or shake until fully combined. Set aside.
- Evenly distribute spinach between two plates or bowls. Layer with slivered red onion, sliced apple, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.