This Healthy granola is both vegan and gluten free. Packed with seeds and nuts, this healthy granola is the perfect way to incorporate extra protein into your morning. I like to serve this granola over coconut yogurt with berries, or as a side with my morning fruit. This granola can also be eaten with your favourite nut milk.
To incorporate lots of protein, I added chia seeds, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, and almonds. This granola is refined sugar-free and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. The dried fruit also adds additional sweetness.
Feel free to alter the recipe based on your preferences and what you have on hand. If you prefer sunflower seeds over pumpkin seeds or cashews over almonds, you can easily switch them out. You can also select any combination of dried fruit.
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- 2 cups large oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup almonds, sliced or chopped
- 4 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (I use Prana ProactivChia for added probiotics)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup dried fruit, roughly chopped (I used dried cherries and apricots)
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Add large oats, pumpkin seeds, and almonds. Stir over medium heat until toasted and slightly golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add hemp hearts, chia seeds, coconut and dried fruit. Stir until combined. Allow
to cool. Store in jars in the fridge for up to two weeks.
For more quick and healthy snack ideas, check out my Healthy Snack Ideas for School and Work!